Here at ObservePoint, we’re all about Web Governance – that is, ongoing monitoring of your websites to help make sure your data is accurate, your customer experiences delight, and your site complies with privacy regulations. And, it’s a big task! So, we’ve collected stories from our customers in the retail industry to showcase what they do to maintain governance over their websites.
TLDR? Here are the highlights:
- Check for broken or slow-loading pages
- Make sure that your analytics are properly implemented and present on every page
- Know the history of all cookies, even rogue ones, by using the Cookie Initiator & Origin Story features
- QA your entire site every time an update is made
- Automate where you can - use the ObservePoint Free Trial to automatically audit your entire site and monitor key customer experiences
Outdoor Sporting Goods Retailer
An outdoor sporting goods leader reviews a few things carefully any time they are expecting heavy traffic. First, they validate their tracking & tags to make sure all pages have correct analytics. Second, they watch key journeys on their site, so they are the first to know if anything breaks. Last, they keep a close eye on their CMP implementation to catch when data privacy preferences are not respected.
- Make sure proper tracking is set up on every new landing page you create for your BF/CM pushes. Check for tags on multiple pages of your site at once with a tool like ObservePoint.
- Set up custom alerts to quickly inform you if something goes awry with your site while it’s being bombarded with increased traffic and purchases.
- Temporarily increase the automated cadence of your Audits and Journeys on key parts of your site during busy times of the year. This way, you’ll be quickly alerted if anything goes wrong. This is great for anything from purchase pages to tracking, to validating your CMP implementation.
- Check that your analytics are properly implemented.
- A solution like ObservePoint can scan your websites at scale for multiple purposes, even to find old code you forgot existed, mucking up your analytics with digital residue.
Consumer Electronics Company
A giant consumer electronics company reported that “ObservePoint practically paid for itself in one day” when the Cookie Initiators and Origin Stories feature helped the analytics team meet an urgent deadline from their legal/privacy teams. They said without it, they would still be writing scripts to identify cookie origins days later, but instead, they responded with hours to spare. They bragged about ObservePoint to those teams and their leaders, and as a result, they anticipate more departments at the company to be leaning into the data ObservePoint reports on.
- If you need to understand where a cookie originated, head to the cookie inventory report and expand the details there.
- ObservePoint’s cookie data is patent-pending and second to none, so you can focus on revenue and not potential fines.
Global Apparel Retailer
A global clothing brand Integrated ObservePoint into their CI/CD pipeline (continuous integration and continuous development, which are part of a practice focused on improving software delivery throughout the development life cycle via automation), so with each release of new code to production, ObservePoint Journeys are triggered that quickly test dozens of important test cases centered around the purchasing funnels across their multiple brands. ObservePoint helps them validate that there are no errors for analytics and data layer variables and saves them hours of menial, repetitive tasks, multiple times each week.
- Test, test, and test again any time any update is made to your page. This is easy with ObservePoint but can take hours without it.
- Many updates can inadvertently break other parts of the website, so keep QA top of mind as you push updates live.
- Keep an eye out for piggybacking tags that could put your privacy program (and trust in your brand) at risk.
- Get your cookies categorized correctly for privacy preferences with a complete cookie inventory.
Technical Apparel Company
- Automate any monitoring you can – this can be done using ObservePoint Audits and Journeys.
- Audits can tell you details about your site like broken or slow-loading pages and tags.
- Journeys travel through important conversion paths to make sure visitors experience a smooth, seamless purchase.
If you’d like to see how ObservePoint can immediately shed light on the current state of your website, sign up for a Free Trial. Or if you’d like to see it in action with one of our reps, please request a demo!