There is a disconnect between data strategy and data governance that has become the norm for enterprises across the globe. But in today’s digital and hyper-competitive landscape, data strategy and data governance need to converge for businesses to thrive.
Today’s CDOs and data professionals can’t pick and choose between offense and defense when it comes to data.
If you focus solely on data control and regulations, the benefits of data to the business are stifled. On the other hand, go all in on initiatives to get outcomes from data and insight and suffer the consequences of regulatory fines and data quality issues affecting key decisions.
Data strategies and data governance programs function most effectively when they carry an equal weight of importance. It’s only a matter of time before we refer to these data topics as one in the same.
Michele Goetz, Principal Analyst at Forrester recently said, “Having a data strategy that works hand in hand with your data governance program is the most effective and efficient way to get results while having the peace of mind that you can trust your data.”
Goetz, who has worked in data management for over 20 years, working for companies like Trillium Software and PTC, will further address this topic during her presentation at the upcoming Analytics Summit on October 25th, titled “Data Governance Is Data Strategy.”
Register for the 2018 virtual Analytics Summit to gain free online access to Goetz’s session on data governance and its relationship with data strategy, as well as additional sessions hosted by 20+ data-driven experts who will cover topics focusing on analytics governance for today and tomorrow.
The list of speakers boasts additional industry experts, including:
- Krista Seiden, Product Manager at Google Analytics
- Eric T. Peterson, Founder and CEO at Analytics Demystified
- Chris Slovak, VP of Global Sales at Tealium Solutions
- John Lovett, Senior Director of Data Strategy at Search Discovery
- Charles Farina, Manager, Digital Analytics at Analytics Pros
- Chris Peters, Analytics Manager at Cognetik
- Colin Temple, Director of Analytics Solutions at Napkyn Analytics
- David Booth, Chief Commercial Officer at Cardinal Path
- Jennifer Kunz, Principal Architect at 33 Sticks
- Judah Phillips, Founder of Vizadata
- Karen Bellin, VP of Data and Analytics at Mirum Agency
- Lara Fisher, Senior Analytics Strategist at Blast Analytics & Marketing
- Eric Dumain, VP of Product in Management at ObservePoint
- Chris Baird, VP of Marketing at ObservePoint
- Matt Maddox, Director of Education at ObservePoint
Goetz will present at the Analytics Summit on October 25th, 2018. To register and watch this event for free, follow this portal: Analytics Summit
ObservePoint empowers data-informed companies to trust their data and better serve their customers through the application of best practices in tag governance.
Founded in 2007 by John Pestana and Rob Seolas, ObservePoint pioneered automated web and app analytics testing. ObservePoint’s patented WebAssurance™ and AppAssurance™ technologies test millions of pages and mobile apps every month to report data loss, inflation, and leakage to web analytics managers and stakeholders of the world’s leading enterprise companies.
ObservePoint’s tag governance solution ensures that customer data is accurately collected, utilized, and safeguarded, giving your organization the confidence to make better decisions based on better data.