SILICON SLOPES, Utah — December 9, 2019 — ObservePoint is pleased to announce that, Lea Pica, Founder and Data Storytelling Advocate at LeaPica.com, will be speaking at the Virtual Analytics Summit (VAS), January 15, 2020 11am - 4pm EST.
Often we think that the more slides, charts, and pictures we put on our presentations will engage our audience and make things more visually clear. However, chances are these visuals are actually obscuring your valuable insights and simply confusing your audience.
Lea addressed this issue saying, “Throwing charts on a few slides and showing them to stakeholders is easy, and can kill your chances of success. The key to inspiring action from presenting insights is leveraging brain-friendly and cinematic storytelling techniques, but this wasn't something we were taught in business or ‘analyst’ school.”
So, how can you be more clear and engaging in presenting your data?
In her session at VAS, “3 Keys to Avoiding Presentation Zombification and Creating an Impact with Your Insights,” Pica will take you through her 3 Presentation Pillars framework for breaking the most common data presentation habits that are holding you and your data stories back.
Lea teaches presentation and data storytelling to thousands of digital analysts, data scientists, and marketers. She hosts the popular Present Beyond Measure® Show Podcast, and blogs at LeaPica.com. She is also the creator of the PICA Protocol™, a practical prescription for delivering data stories that inform decisions, spark ideas, inspire action, and make YOU indispensable. Lea is also a seasoned digital analytics practitioner, social media marketer, and blogger with over 13 years of experience building search and analytics practices for companies like Scholastic, Victoria's Secret, and Prudential.
The Virtual Analytics Summit (VAS) is ObservePoint’s annual online summit that draws together over 5,000 analysts and digital marketers from around the world. This year’s theme is “Great Experiences Start with Accurate Data” and some of the top analytics experts in the industry will present on how to create better user experiences with better data.
Speakers at this event include:
- Krista Seiden, Founder and Principal Analyst at KS Digital
- Peter O'Neill, Director of Analytics at Ayima, Founder of MeasureCamp
- Alex Langshur, Co-CEO of Cardinal Path
- Tanu Javeri, Senior Global SEO Strategist at IBM
- Erica Eischeid, Marketing Analytics Consultant at Adobe
- Jose Bergiste, Director of Data & Analytics Engineering at Cognetik
- Lea Pica, Data Storytelling Advocate at LeaPica.com
- Shawn Reed, Sr. Director, Marketing Technology Solutions at Blue Acorn iCi
- Aimee Bos, Sr. Director, Analytics Strategy at Blast Analytics & Marketing
- Jon Tomlinson, Sr. Analytics Architect at Metric Partners
- Mike Maziarz, Product Manager at ObservePoint
- Chris O’Neill, Solutions Engineer at ObservePoint
- Andrew Geddes, Sr. Manager, Consulting at ObservePoint
- and more
Learn more and register for the event here: VAS 2020
As companies become increasingly dependent on digital data, how often do we stop to question the accuracy of the data that’s driving our business decisions?
ObservePoint empowers data-informed companies to trust their data and better serve their customers through enterprise solutions for analytics management and tag governance. Our solution is an automated platform that validates marketing tags and optimizes digital analytics implementations to give you accurate and actionable data.
Using proprietary technology to scan websites and apps for data-collection errors, ObservePoint ensures data-driven businesses are, in fact, collecting accurate data to guide their decisions and to better connect with their audience.