The tools we use to measure the health of our implementations keep getting better, but even if your data is flawless, it won’t provide its full value unless your whole organization has the vision to use it.
Analytics data has so much potential beyond just the analytics team, but we need organizations to adopt a data-driven mindset.
This means so much more than adding resources and responsibilities to the analytics team or investing in new tools. It means putting organization-wide policies and procedures in place; it means breaking the analytics team out of their silo; it means a mind shift from upper leadership down to individual product managers and site developers.
Both individual practitioners and company leadership may see this gap, yet so few know what practical next steps to take to fix it.
Jennifer Kunz, Principal Architect at 33 Sticks, recently said, “There is a barrier keeping most companies from really getting value out of their analytics investment, and it isn’t just data quality issues or limitations in the tools. It’s getting the wider org (not just the analytics team) to adopt a data-driven mindset, in a way that actually changes the way folks go about their day-to-day business.”
Kunz, who has over 10 years of experience implementing digital analytics, will further address this topic during her presentation at the upcoming Analytics Summit on October 25th, titled “You know how to audit your data, but how do you measure your organization’s ability to act on the data?”
Register for the 2018 virtual Analytics Summit to gain free access to Kunz’s session about acting on your data, as well as additional sessions hosted by more than 20 data-driven experts who will cover topics focusing on analytics governance for today and tomorrow.
The list of speakers boasts additional industry experts, including:
- Eric T. Peterson, Founder and CEO at Analytics Demystified
- Karen Bellin, VP of Data and Analytics at Mirum Agency
- Chris Slovak, VP of Global Sales at Tealium Solutions
- John Lovett, Senior Director of Data Strategy at Search Discovery
- Krista Seiden, Product Manager at Google Analytics
- Charles Farina, Manager, Digital Analytics at Analytics Pros
- David U. Simon, Chief Marketing Officer at SteelHouse
- Ali Haeri, Director of Product Marketing at SteelHouse
- Chris Peters, Analytics Manager at Cognetik
- Colin Temple, Director of Analytics Solutions at Napkyn Analytics
- Till Buettner, Senior Data Analyst at Deutsche Post DHL Group
- Judah Phillips, Founder of Vizadata
- Lara Fisher, Senior Analytics Strategist at Blast Analytics & Marketing
- Eric Dumain, VP of Product in Management at ObservePoint
- Chris Baird, VP of Marketing at ObservePoint
- Matt Maddox, Director of Education at ObservePoint
To register and watch this event for free, follow this portal: Analytics Summit
ObservePoint empowers data-informed companies to trust their data and better serve their customers through the application of best practices in tag governance.
Founded in 2010 by John Pestana and Rob Seolas, ObservePoint pioneered automated web and app analytics testing. ObservePoint’s patented WebAssurance™ and AppAssurance™ technologies test millions of pages and mobile apps every month to report data loss, inflation, and leakage to web analytics managers and stakeholders of the world’s leading enterprise companies.
ObservePoint’s tag governance solution ensures that customer data is accurately collected, utilized, and safeguarded, giving your organization the confidence to make better decisions based on better data.