GDPR is a sweeping new data privacy regulation that has officially been implemented as of May 2018. While the law has implications for most organizations worldwide, few are prepared half a year later.
This is a real concern for many organizations, but there’s no one-stop, catch-all solution. Every company needs to undertake a careful assessment and seek legal advice to guarantee they’re compliant.
Data needs to be formatted in a comprehensive, single overview that indicates the purpose, benefits and consequences of each data practice.
One practice that data governance experts can agree on is that getting your data in order and achieving a transparent view of your organization’s entire digital data ecosystem is going to be key in the era of data privacy regulations.
David Booth, Chief Commercial Officer at Cardinal Path, recently said, “It’s not 100 percent clear how GDPR and other regulations will impact different organizations, and each will need to interpret and decide what they want to do in response. But regulation or no regulation, the time is now to fully understand your organization’s martech footprint that may span dozens or hundreds of vendors.”
Booth, who is an award-winning industry thought-leader, author, educator, and public speaker, will further address this topic during his presentation at the upcoming Analytics Summit on October 25th, titled “Marketing & the Era of Data Privacy.”
Register for the 2018 virtual Analytics Summit to gain free access to Booth’s session about marketing effectively in today’s data privacy climate, as well as additional sessions hosted by 20+ data-driven experts who will cover topics focusing on analytics governance for today and tomorrow.
The list of speakers boasts additional industry experts, including:
- Eric T. Peterson, Founder and CEO at Analytics Demystified
- Jennifer Kunz, Principal Architect at 33 Sticks
- Chris Slovak, VP of Global Sales at Tealium Solutions
- David U. Simon, Chief Marketing Officer at SteelHouse
- John Lovett, Senior Director of Data Strategy at Search Discovery
- Charles Farina, Manager, Digital Analytics at Analytics Pros
- Ali Haeri, Director of Product Marketing at SteelHouse
- Chris Peters, Analytics Manager at Cognetik
- Colin Temple, Director of Analytics Solutions at Napkyn Analytics
- Till Buettner, Senior Data Analyst at Deutsche Post DHL Group
- Judah Phillips, Founder of Vizadata
- Karen Bellin, VP of Data and Analytics at Mirum Agency
- Lara Fisher, Senior Analytics Strategist at Blast Analytics & Marketing
- Eric Dumain, VP of Product in Management at ObservePoint
- Chris Baird, VP of Marketing at ObservePoint
- Matt Maddox, Director of Education at ObservePoint
To register and watch this event for free, follow this portal: Analytics Summit
ObservePoint empowers data-informed companies to trust their data and better serve their customers through the application of best practices in tag governance.
Founded in 2010 by John Pestana and Rob Seolas, ObservePoint pioneered automated web and app analytics testing. ObservePoint’s patented WebAssurance™ and AppAssurance™ technologies test millions of pages and mobile apps every month to report data loss, inflation, and leakage to web analytics managers and stakeholders of the world’s leading enterprise companies.
ObservePoint’s tag governance solution ensures that customer data is accurately collected, utilized, and safeguarded, giving your organization the confidence to make better decisions based on better data.