Does your data influence your app design? The world of web product design features a robust suite of testing tools, common coding languages, easy to acquire data and a fast development cycle. Apps, on the other hand, feature limited testing abilities, native app code, necessitate a strong data layer and can have a longer development cycle.
These differences force a data-driven design approach to have a constant focus on prioritizing features that deliver the greatest conversion impact. By acting rather than reacting, we can elevate the importance of data in any organization.
Data-driven product design can be easier said than done in the world of mobile apps. With data-driven prioritization, a long-term testing plan and disciplined pre-post analysis, we can cut through the limitations and deliver impactful results.
Chris Peters, Analytics Manager at Cognetik, recently said, “Creating a data-driven product design culture doesn’t happen overnight, but by getting a few quick wins, we can create the momentum necessary for data to have a permanent seat at the table.”
Peters, who has over 10 years in the analytics industry working for companies like McDonald’s and Devry University, will further address this topic during his presentation at the upcoming Analytics Summit on October 25th, titled “Data-Driven Mobile App Product Design.”
Register for the virtual 2018 virtual Analytics Summit to gain free access to Peters’ session on data governance and its relationship with data strategy, as well as additional sessions hosted by 20+ data-driven experts who will cover topics focusing on analytics governance for today and tomorrow.
The list of speakers boasts additional industry experts, including:
- Krista Seiden, Product Manager at Google Analytics
- Eric T. Peterson, Founder and CEO at Analytics Demystified
- Chris Slovak, VP of Global Sales at Tealium Solutions
- John Lovett, Senior Director of Data Strategy at Search Discovery
- Charles Farina, Manager, Digital Analytics at Analytics Pros
- Colin Temple, Director of Analytics Solutions at Napkyn Analytics
- David Booth, Chief Commercial Officer at Cardinal Path
- Jennifer Kunz, Principal Architect at 33 Sticks
- Judah Phillips, Founder of Vizadata
- Karen Bellin, VP of Data and Analytics at Mirum Agency
- Lara Fisher, Senior Analytics Strategist at Blast Analytics & Marketing
- Eric Dumain, VP of Product in Management at ObservePoint
- Chris Baird, VP of Marketing at ObservePoint
- Matt Maddox, Director of Education at ObservePoint
To register and watch this event for free, follow this portal: Analytics Summit
ObservePoint empowers data-informed companies to trust their data and better serve their customers through the application of best practices in tag governance.
Founded in 2007 by John Pestana and Rob Seolas, ObservePoint pioneered automated web and app analytics testing. ObservePoint’s patented WebAssurance™ and AppAssurance™ technologies test millions of pages and mobile apps every month to report data loss, inflation, and leakage to web analytics managers and stakeholders of the world’s leading enterprise companies.
ObservePoint’s tag governance solution ensures that customer data is accurately collected, utilized, and safeguarded, giving your organization the confidence to make better decisions based on better data.